Skip SedaOwner/ President
Skip Seda Owner/Partner & President
Skip is a native of Lamar County, GA and returned there to live in Milner, in 2011 after residing in Warner Robins, GA for 23 years. In 1987 he Married his wife Kathy Judd Seda and they have 1 son “Tripp” Seda.
He attended Andrew College in Cuthbert, GA and Georgia College in Milledgeville, GA. After college he worked for Pitney Bowes as a Territory Sale Rep and served customers in the Auburn AL, Cordele, GA, Macon, GA, Barnesville, GA and Thomaston areas. After that Skip was a Military Sales Specialist for GIGA Inc in Macon, GA.
After Giga he opened his own business “Econo-mail” sorting mail to qualify for USPS discounts for some of Columbus Georgia’s largest mailers including Blue Cross Blue Shield and Aflac. He was the 2nd employee hired when A-1 started back in February 1989 and worked at both companies simultaneously for several years before selling Econo-mail to devote all of his time to A-1. Skip was also one of the Founding Owners of the Columbus Lions Indoor Football Team and served on Board of Directors until 2018 when, after 12 years on the road with the team, he sold his interests in the team to spend more time with his family.
He started out as a Sales Rep and has advanced to become the President of A-1 and an Owner/Partner. He oversees the Marketing, Government Sales, New Business, IT and whatever pops up.
In his spare time likes to hunt and fish, loves College Football, College Basketball and Baseball. When not doing that you can find him at home relaxing by taking care his cows, donkeys turkeys, ducks and chickens.
Work Related Education:
Certified in Sales of all Hasler Mailing and Inserting Equipment
- Certified in Sales of all Hasler Mailing and Inserting Equipment
- Certified in Sales for all available Neopost/Quadient Mailing and Inserting Equipment for which Certifications are available. (With the change in Technology, Quadient has Product Specialists that now help with certain products. The change has been very positive for our small business)
Special Experiences, Courses, Classes and Career Related Offices Held:
- Graduate of Leadership Columbus 2003
- Graduate of Leadership Phenix City 2005
- Served on the Columbus Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors
- Served on the Phenix City, Russell County, AL, Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Director’s
- Served as Chairman of the Columbus Chamber of Commerce’s Hispanic Business Outreach
- Served as Chairman of the Columbus Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Outreach
- US Postal Service Certified Postal Consultant
- US Postal Service “Trainer” (Taught Classes during “Shape Based Pricing” Transition to US Postal Service Personnel and US Postal Service Customers at events sponsored by the US Postal Service and A-1 Postage Meters and Shipping Systems
- Served on US Postal Service’s PCC (Postal Customer Council) in Macon, GA for 8 years
- Served as Chairman of the Macon, GA PCC for 2 years
- Served on the US Postal Service’s PCC in Columbus, GA
- Junior Achievement Chairman in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL (Restarted Jr. Achievement after a 22-year absence)
- Past 5 Year Board Member of AIMED (Association of Independent Mailing Equipment Dealers)
- Served as President elect of AIMED
- Served as President of AIMED
- Served as President Emeritus of AIMED
- Has attended multiple Intercity Visits for the Columbus GA Chamber of Commerce
- Annually Attends US Postal Forums
- Has attended International Postal Forums in Germany 4 times
- Elected to the Milner, GA City Council in 2019
- Supports Youth Sports with Donations through A-1 Postage Meters